[MPlayer-users] Using XAnim ...

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Sun Oct 28 02:50:05 CEST 2001

On Sat, 27 Oct 2001, Johannes Feigl wrote:

> well ... i've Uploades a file:
> Bloodhound Gang - Along Comes Mary.mov
>
> it uses the sound codec 'twos'.

	"twos" codec shouldn't be too hard to support. From this Apple
page:
http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/quicktime/qtdevdocs/QTFF/qtff-69.html

 k16BitBigEndianFormat
  'twos'
 Samples are stored uncompressed, in two's-complement format (sample
values range from -128 to 127 for 8-bit audio, and -32768 to 32767 for 1-
bit audio; 0 is always silence). These samples are stored in 16-bit
big-endian format.

It seems that MPlayer should be able to pipe this straight out to the OSS
driver.

> and in the folder 'fli' are some fli or flc (an autodesk format) animations.
>
> both are playbackable with xanim,
> maybe you could port the codes ...

	True, the Autodesk format is quite simple. Anyone want to
implement it? I might have a go at it if no one else wants the task.
--
	-Mike Melanson