[MPlayer-users] Resampling

Anders Johansson ajh at atri.curtin.edu.au
Fri Oct 26 20:18:28 CEST 2001

Hi,

I have implemented a generic resampling of sound written in c. It can
resample from any sample rate to any other sample rate as long as they
are not too far away from each other (10 times up or down), it is quite
fast. I have based it on a poly phase FIR. Are you still interested in
including it into mplayer? I am going to rewrite it using 3DNow
optimisation and possibly MMX. I might require some help to get
started with PC assembly. Last time I wrote assembly on a PC was when
the 486 was cool and fast. I have heard that stuff has happened since
then. Could you have a look at the source and tell me where to include
it in the mplayer structure (this is not completely straight forward
since the data rates in and out from the algorithm are different)? How
can I send the source to you?

Cheers,
//Anders