[MPlayer-users] Re: [Avifile]mandrake software inclusion policy

Zdenek Kabelac kabi at informatics.muni.cz
Thu Oct 25 18:47:43 CEST 2001

On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 06:27:27PM +0200, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
> Hello avifile & mplayer developers.
>
> As you already know, i'm currently maintaining avifile and mplayer package
> for Mandrake that can't be included officially for copyright/patent problems:
> - only support for windows dll in both package
> - lame plugin in avifile
> - gsm code in avifile (not compatible with gpl)

I think GSM has been donated to us.
Anyway there are not files using it - we can make a separate audio plugin
> like your opinion on the following issue:
> 1) is this possible ?
> 2) is this worth the try ?

Actualy - I'm reworking Debian packages so next set will have
some plugins downloadable separately

for begining just these:

vorbis  (will depend on vorbis libaries)
mad - will use libmad.so
win32 - buildable for i386 architecture only

we might create separete gsm audio if you wish

- so far I'm undecided about the package names -
maybe   libavifile0.6-plugin-vorbis
but it's quite long - my just libavifile0.6-vorbis

any suggestions ?

--
  .''`.  Which fundamental human right do you want to give up today?
 : :' :      Debian GNU/Linux maintainer - www.debian.{org,cz}