[MPlayer-users] ..i can't compile

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Wed Oct 24 22:16:43 CEST 2001

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, [iso-8859-2] Gábor Lénárt wrote:

> > printf ("Hey, is this thing on?" \
> > #ifdef SOME_VAR
> > "yes"
> > #else
> > "no"
> > #endif
> > );
>
> Ehhh ... It's STRICTLY forbidden according the gcc team. Check their
> homepage ....

	Okay, this helps to clear it up. Thanks. ATTN: Sven Goethel, per
your earlier message about printf() not being a macro, I guess that on our
systems, the statement works because printf() is not a
macro. I suppose newer environments are making it a macro and that's where
it's falling over. From this page:
  http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html#known

"In recent versions of glibc, printf is among the functions which are
implemented as macros."

	Hope this helps...and I guess I have some work ahead of me on my
own project.

	-Mike Melanson