[MPlayer-users] ..i can't compile

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Wed Oct 24 18:32:07 CEST 2001

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Sven Goethel wrote:

> hmm ... (problem lines are marked with ** )
>
> printf("[gl2] Using image_bpp=%d, image_bytes=%d, isBGR=%d, \n\tgl_bitmap_format=%s, gl_bitmap_type=%s, \n\tgl_alignment=%d, rgb_size=%d (%d,%d,%d), a_sz=%d, \n\tgl_internal_format=%s, tweaks=%s\n",
>         image_bpp, image_bytes, image_mode==MODE_BGR,
>         gl_bitmap_format_s, gl_bitmap_type_s, gl_alignment,
>         rgb_sz, r_sz, g_sz, b_sz, a_sz, gl_internal_format_s,
> ** #ifdef HAVE_MMX
> **        "mmx_bpp"
> ** #else
> **        "none"
> ** #endif
> );
>
> since when "printf" is a macro ???
>
> we do include stdio.h ..
> 	extern int printf (__const char *__restrict __format, ...);
>
> so what the hell is incompatible with the ansi-c std. ?

	This was just a wild conjecture on my part. Nothing solid.

	Thanks for posting the offending code. For some reason, the
version of that file that I have is only ~723 lines long. But the problem
I described from my own program is precisely the same as the problem here.
The compiler (series 3.x), for whatever reason, is having trouble with the
compiler directives intermixed with the string constant. I don't know why,
but the problem appears to have some about in 3.x.

	Anyway, proposed remedy: Ditch the 3.x series until it gets
better.

	-Mike Melanson