[MPlayer-users] QT Cinepak Decoding

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Tue Oct 23 19:33:56 CEST 2001

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Arpi wrote:

> my xanim codec wrapper catches YV12 pixel drawing calls from xa's cvid
> codec, so i think it really uses YV12.

	I suppose the decoder can twist it around in any number of ways.
Actually, I just remembered that the CVID data lends itself more to
packed YUV output, rather than planar: YYYYVU YYYYVU. Which YUV format
does that resemble?

> good idea - we have only win32 vfw dll for cram, but it's very buggy and
> limited.

	I have several sample Video-1 files along with a textual decoding
algorithm that I gleaned from the XAnim source (can't find any other info
anywhere). I'll try to get that up and running.

	I noticed that ATI VCR-2 is listed as "crashing". Do you know if
it's a proprietary compression format, or a bastardized YUV format?

	-Mike Melanson