[MPlayer-users] A/V problems and file info

Anders Johansson ajh at atri.curtin.edu.au
Mon Oct 22 03:55:16 CEST 2001

Hi,

I am having some problem with xv. When I play DVDs and some avi files
using xv output the picture divides into two partly overlapping images
where every second line goes to the right and every other second line
to the left. I guess this is some kind of sw setting but I haven't
found out which switch to set. I am using X 4.1, trident driver and
kernel 2.4.10. I am not using any window manager but I have tried with
the default one getting the same result. My hw is a MSI 6378
(integrates everything on board).

I am also suffering from a fixed frequency soundcard stuck at 48kHz.
Is there any resampling of sound planned for mplayer? If I implement
it would you like to include it?

Is there any way to find out how many chapters there are on a DVD or a
VCD without starting to play it? Like a -i switch which outputs
information about a file and then make mplayer exit.

Regards,
//Anders

Anders Johansson    Room 314,113  Australian Telecommunications .-_|\
Visiting Research Associate       Research Institute (ATRI)    /     \
telephone:  +61 8 9266 3268       Curtin Uni of Technology     P_.-._/
e-mail: ajh at atri.curtin.edu.au            Bentley WA, 6102.         o