[MPlayer-users] vo_vesa introducing

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Oct 21 12:24:49 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > > Could you send me example please?
> > what example?
> >
> Colored pictures - what is it. Blit/Flip is too specific english words for
> me and I'm badly imaging self - how they can be transalted.
> Is flip analog of doublebuffering or it is something other (like rotating
> picture on 180 or 270)?
no.
it's for double buffering.
blit means copy from backbuffer memory to visible buffer memory.
if you have swappable double buffering, then it means: swap the buffers.
if you don't support double buffering, and ha sno buffer in memory,
then just ignore it - leave it empty.

btw i've checked your code - and you has actually memory buffer, at
least for yv12. so you could move that __vbe_copybuffer or what to
flip_image(){}

> > > As I already wrote - VESA has no framebuffer address but only window for
> > > bank switching.
> > no. under DOS it works! maybe it' ssomething else or bios doesn't allow
> > lfb if being under linux. btw, did you ORed LFB bits in mode register
> > when enabled mode? if i remember well it's 0x4000
> >
> > i've used lfb a lot under dos, most of program _requires_ it.
> > and even old shitty s3 cards, and my et6000 supported that.
> >
> > band switch wa sthe method of vesa 1.x.
> > the most important advantage of 2.0 was LFB.
> ftp://ftp.vesa.org/pub/VBE/vbe3.pdf
> It's public part of VBE3 documentation.
> On page 40 of documentation:
>  If bit D14 is set, the mode will be initialized for use with a flat frame buffer model.
>  The base address of frame buffer can be determined from the extended mode information
>  returned by VBE Function 01h. If D14 is set, and linear frame buffer model is not
>  available then the call will fail.
yes. are you using it?
i should RTFS...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team