[MPlayer-users] vo_vesa introducing

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Sat Oct 20 19:21:09 CEST 2001

Hello, Arpi!
On Sat, 20 Oct 2001 18:40:48 +0200 (CEST), you wrote:

> Hi,

> > > hmm. maybe mtrr was not set - X 4.1.0 sets it but i had no X started.
> > > i'll check again
> > >
> > During tests - I didn't touch mtrrs.
> > (It useless since we have fastmemcpy which performs same logic of memory writing)
> mayeb it's true for amd...
> on intel mtrr does matter, it speedup video 5 times.

I'm not sure - but VESA uses 64K window to write into video memory.
So you should configure mtrr for linear address A0000 too.
(For detail see WinA(B)Segment and WinA(B)Size in your verbosed output
for selected video mode. They (segments) should shifted left on 4 to compute
linear address of Linux ;-).

[snip]