[MPlayer-users] vo_vesa introducing

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Thu Oct 18 17:14:15 CEST 2001

Hello, Felix!
On Wed, 17 Oct 2001 21:17:27 +0200, you wrote:

> On Wednesday, 17. October 2001 20:28, Nick Kurshev wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> [snip]
> > - Currently it works only with RGB(16-32) and BGR(16-32) video formats.
> >   (YUV is not supported). But I thing it's not big problem.
> it's problem for example for mpeg, you should add support for YV12 using the
> YUV2RGB stuff that about all other output drivers use.

Currently there is such code but it causes exception. I still didn't study it.
Thus later it will work. Or maybe Arpi will translate libvo stuff to libvo2
and in this case I will be able to avoid this problem. ;)

> btw. I get some pink stuff and so on on the screen, maybe screen isn't
> properly cleared. btw. I got image scaled to fullscreen with 480x260 image,
> do you switch res?

Did you run mplayer from text-mode? ;)
vo_vesa will search the best from available modes anyway. (You can't switch that off).
In the next time - send me verbosed output - there are lot of usefull info
(and even for you too;)