[MPlayer-users] wrong audio chanell and subtitles on DVD playback

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Oct 18 16:54:33 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > Mplayer is good software.  But the developers seem to play some game of
> > "we can make the users feel stupid".  As far as I can see their attitude
> > isn't going to change and you either have to put up with it or use other
> > software...

who wrote this? (i'm sure he's already blacklisted :))

btw it's true, expect our 'game'. it is: forcing users to read manual & faq
before ask the same question again and again here. it's good for you
(i think you don't like to see the same questions many times asked and
answered here) until you ask something. then it gets reversed, and you feel
you are stupid? :)

btw as he said - you aren't forced to use mplayer. there are other
easy-to-compile-with-gcc296 projects like avifile etc.

btw. about the docs.
if you find bugs, outdated parts of it, send us a patch, instead of flaming.
we aren't perfect... (did you think we are?)
btw we are less interested in maintaining docs nowdays, as nobody reads it.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu