[MPlayer-users] can't get tdfxfb output to work

Eddy Cooper eddycooper at shaw.ca
Wed Oct 17 05:53:34 CEST 2001

On Tue, 2001-10-16 at 20:03, Jacek Popławski wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 04:22:49PM -0700, Eddy Cooper wrote:
> > Hi, I've been trying the last few days to get the tdfxfb output to work
> > on my voodoo banshee.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong here.
>
> I heard from many sources, that tdfxfb is not working, so I tried to install
> it. CVS version is broken, so I compiled 0.50 with --enable-tdfxfb. I am using
> framebuffer all the time (I see no reason to switch it off - 100Hz is
> important).
> So I:

Well I got the fbdev output to work, but the fullscreen option just
centers it on the screen...  It's nice to know that that works, but I'd
still like to get the tdfxfb working.  Does anyone know if they've been
updating the kernel module?  I have a 2.4.12-ac2 kernel which is
probably the newest.  Also, my system is a P2 266, glibc 2.2.4 and I'm
using a stock mplayer 0.50 that I compiled myself.  Any more
suggestions?  Thanks,

Eddy