[MPlayer-users] can't get tdfxfb output to work

Eddy Cooper eddycooper at shaw.ca
Wed Oct 17 01:22:49 CEST 2001

Hi, I've been trying the last few days to get the tdfxfb output to work
on my voodoo banshee.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong here.  I go to a
console, do modprobe tdfxfb, switch resolution to 800x600-60 using
fbset, and try to run mplayer with tdfxfb output.

	mplayer -vo tdfxfb -framedrop Snatch.avi

I get the same result as other people have:

	Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
	VO: [tdfxfb] 640x360 => 640x360 BGR 16-bit
	FATAL: Cannot initialize video driver!

I'm sure that the kernel module is loaded and working because I can get
a working console where I can change res and stuff.  Also, when I do
rmmod tdfxfb it says Device or resource busy.  Am I forgetting something
here?

Also, is the tdfxfb output faster than xv for a banshee?  I can get
mplayer to work with xv output in X but it's slow (or choppy when I use
-framedrop).  That is why I'm trying to get the tdfxfb output to work.
My computer is old, but when using the null video output, audio and
video both go at full speed.  Also, the speed is fine in Windows for
what it's worth.

Eddy Cooper