[MPlayer-users] Re: tv out with nvidia

Kukocs kukocs at programozo.hu
Sun Oct 14 10:16:46 CEST 2001

Oct 14-án, 06:29-kor MPlayer-users digest, Vol 1 #27 - 9 msgs témájú...:

:
:Hi
:As far as I understood the docs this is the right behaviour. TwinView
:(picture on tv+moni) does not support backend-scaling. The only thing the
:"ConnectedMonitor" option does is to redirect the signal to tv-out instead of
:crt-out.
I know, I said only it's not the best reason...

:
:The Win* drivers seem to use some special feature not available in the linux
:drivers. BTW: Are you sure that scaled video (not only profane 2D-Grafics)
:does also appear on the tv? I've heard something like black video windows but
:rest of desktop appearing correctly on tv. Don't know what chipset was
:mentioned however.
my card was a mauni (or mauli i can't remember) geforce2 mx200,
with chipset brooktree xxx for tv out.
i don't know what does it mean, profane 2d graf... and what scaled
video, i only know, i tried unreal tournament, and it worked fine.
i tried mplayer with mpeg's, mpeg-4's, a dvd, and all of them worked
fine, in window, and in full screen mode ( with sdl out)
my computer: 128Mb ram, 466 cel I. I think, they shouldn't be work
without xv hardware scaling, or should?

by:

	Kukocs