[MPlayer-users] Re:tv out working with nvidia

Marcus Blomenkamp MBlomenkamp at t-online.de
Sat Oct 13 22:45:45 CEST 2001

Am Samstag, 13. Oktober 2001 18:04 schrieben Sie:

> It worked fine, with some not very huge probs:
> the picture was center-oriented, but there were 4-6 cm black lines
> "frames" I say it should be greater...
> or there should be a software to move the screen left-right,etc...
> The second one is, with this option I can't find anything on my monitor,
> only the tv was working

Hi
As far as I understood the docs this is the right behaviour. TwinView
(picture on tv+moni) does not support backend-scaling. The only thing the
"ConnectedMonitor" option does is to redirect the signal to tv-out instead of
crt-out.

:(, /when I went back to console, the signal was
> in my monitor/ - under win32 there were signals on my tv, and on my
> tv,too!!

The Win* drivers seem to use some special feature not available in the linux
drivers. BTW: Are you sure that scaled video (not only profane 2D-Grafics)
does also appear on the tv? I've heard something like black video windows but
rest of desktop appearing correctly on tv. Don't know what chipset was
mentioned however.

cu Marcus