[MPlayer-users] MPlayer 0.50 on sparc solaris 8

Rojek, Tomasz Tomasz.Rojek at siemens.pl
Fri Oct 12 10:58:39 CEST 2001

> If this is a GNU diff format patch then You must have GNU
> patch program
> version - original SUN one is not compatible.
> Generally a good idea is to install GNU stuff (gcc, g++,
> diff, patch, make
> etc.) first.

I tried gpatch but again make install returned:

bash-2.03# make install
if test ! -d /usr/local/bin ; then mkdir -p /usr/local/bin ; fi
install -m 755 -s mplayer /usr/local/bin/mplayer
find: cannot open /usr/local/bin/mplayer: No such file or directory
find: cannot follow symbolic link /etc/rc0.d/K00sshd: No such file or
directory
find: cannot follow symbolic link /lib/locale/fr_CA.ISO8859-1/LC_MESSAGES:
No such file or directory
find: cannot follow symbolic link
/usr/lib/locale/fr_CA.ISO8859-1/LC_MESSAGES: No such file or directory
install: mplayer was not found anywhere!
make: *** [install] Error 2

I have also downloaded Latest CVS snapshot - and I got the same errors.
Regards

Tomasz Rojek