[MPlayer-users] Problem compiling

pl p_l at gmx.fr
Fri Oct 12 00:55:26 CEST 2001

On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 05:20:14PM -0400, Roger D. Vargas wrote:
[...]
> > > I got this when trying to compile .5 version, using configure with
> > > --enable-gui --disable-gcc-checking:
[...]
> > ARGH. I give it up...
> >
> > Why can't users read that fuckin lines everywhere?
> > It's written at every possible way that gcc 2.96 is broken.
> It's written that gcc 2.96 SKIPS mmx codes, not missed them totally at
> compile time, and it worked fine (compiled and worked pretty stable) with
> previous version. Add that detail too please.

It's also written :
"If you don't want to downgrade, use the --disable-gcc-checking option to
avoid this check, but DO NOT SEND BUGREPORTS OR COMPLAIN, it's *YOUR*
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
fault!  Get ready for misterious crashes, no-picture bugs, strange
noises...  REALLY!"

and later it's _again_ written:
"Hmm. You want to compile MPlayer with gcc 2.96? Ok. You know. Do it.

    *** BUT WE DO NOT RECOMMEND SENDING ANY MAIL TO THE ***
       *** MAILING LISTS OR DIRECTLY TO THE AUTHORS! ***
"

--
*bonk*,
  pl