[MPlayer-users] Re: Best fullscreen tv-out solution for MPlayer?

Brian J. Murrell cbfcbc35042ab707f0ae841a887621ba at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Oct 11 19:26:54 CEST 2001

> What does your mplayer configure script say about sdl? Mine does:
> Checking for SDL ... yes

Mine says:

Checking for SDL ... yes

> I have SDL libraries 1.2.2 installed.

I have 1.2.2 installed as well.

> Ok. Here it comes. Any tweaking hints from your config? :-)

I don't really have anything special in mine.  It's pretty much the
same as yours, which sucks because my problem is not an error in my
XF86Config file.  :-(

> I do the starting on :0.0 display but when I start mplayer to run in :0.1,
> the keyboard control switches also to :0.1 . But again, I'm not sure. I
> have to test that when I go home from work. :-)

Fair enough.

I get the same results with your XF86Config as I get with mine.  I
only see a black box on the TV where the video should be playing.
When I play with "-fs" I do get a tiny little bar in the upper
left-hand corner with what looks like some video in it.  It looks very
much like just an "underline cursor".  That gives me hope that I will
get something displaying on the TV with SDL.

Any other hints, anyone?

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell