[MPlayer-users] MPlayer 0.50 on sparc solaris 8

Rojek, Tomasz Tomasz.Rojek at siemens.pl
Thu Oct 11 11:15:40 CEST 2001

> Command ar is the standard library tool needed for creating
> libraries. Also
> you will most likely need ld command which is needed for linking
> executables. These are standard binutils that usually come
> with compiler.
> On Solaris computers they can be found in /usr/ccs/bin (add
> this directory
> to your PATH). If you for some reason don't have Solaris
> binutils, you can
> try to find GNU binutils but I would recommend using native Solaris
> binutils.

Gregory!

Again you are right - I added this dir to PATH and it works. But "make
install" retunrs this error:

bash-2.03# make install
if [ ! -e /usr/local/bin ]; then \
        mkdir -p /usr/local/bin; \
fi
/bin/sh: test: argument expected
make: *** [install] Error 1

I have /usr/local/bin in my PATH, so I suppose that problem exists somewhere
else. Where? Regards

Tomasz Rojek