[MPlayer-users] MPlayer 0.50 on sparc solaris 8

Gregory A. Shimansky gregory at lab.sun.mcst.ru
Wed Oct 10 12:34:03 CEST 2001

RT> Hi!
RT> I am complete newbie - maybe I will ask too simple question, but anyway... I
RT> have problem with installing MPlayer on Sparc Solaris 2.8. As it is written
RT> in documentation I have installed full mLib package from Sun, and then
RT> Solaris 2.8 Sparc gcc-2.95.3-sol8-sparc-local.gz package from
RT> www.sunfreeware.com. After al I tried to run configuration script - this is
RT> the output:

RT> bash-2.03# ./configure
RT> You can get detailed help on configure with: ./configure --help
RT> Please wait while ./configure discovers your software and hardware
RT> environment!
RT> Detected operating system: SunOS
RT> Detected host architecture: sparc
RT> Checking version of gcc ... ./configure: gcc: not found
RT> v. ?.??, bad
RT> Please downgrade(upgrade) gcc compiler to gcc-2.95.2+ or gcc-3.0+ version!

It is most likely that your CC environment variable points to a C compiler
which is not gcc (most likely Sun compiler - it will not compile MPlayer).
Do export CC=gcc, export CXX=gcc (for bash) and try again. When I installed
Mplayer I also set CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS to '-mcpu=ultrasparc
-mtune=ultrasparc -O3'. Be aware though that DivX as it is now will not
work for you since it tries to read and write 4-byte integers from
non-aligned memory addresses (see my previous message how to fix the
problem).

--
Gregory