[MPlayer-users] rant

Gabucino gabucino at mplayer.dev.hu
Tue Oct 9 19:32:43 CEST 2001

It's the Question that drives us, Andrew Suffield :
> If you have any actual facts to back up that "10-20% assertion",
> please post the patch you used to test it and a script of the
> benchmark run.
Tell me you meant this a joke.
And, LGB is a proven programmer, while you are just flaming here about
nonsense. _If anyone_, YOU should prove it. Send patch.

> > > Usually it makes no impact on runtime performance, only on load time.
> > > That's why unix-like systems have been modularly designed for the last
> > > 20 years or so.
> > Arghhhh! Please again! And again. Maybe I know much more on Linux kernel
> > than you.
> If you did, you would know that it has nothing to do with the
> kernel. mplayer runs in userspace, as does the dynamic linker
> (ld-linux.so, dlopen() in libc, or whatever your obscure system of
> choice uses).
This last paragraph has NOTHING in common with the previous two. This
is called flame.

> > Nice :) Maybe YOU should unsubscribe and learn SOMETHING on human manner.
> > I was explaining my opinion only then you started this personal flame against
> > me. Imho you would unsubscribe before I will ever do it :)
> You appear to have completely missed my point. You subscribe to the
No missing here.

Users are constantly unsubscribing this list since this nonsense thread
started. Time to stop it and do something useful instead.

--
Gabucino