[MPlayer-users] Fwd: [Cooker] [RPM] mplayer-0.50-1mdk

Guillaume Rousse rousse at ccr.jussieu.fr
Tue Oct 9 17:28:33 CEST 2001

Ainsi parlait Arpi :
> Hi,
>
> > URL         : http://mp.dev.hu
>
> it's old. www.mplayerhq.hu
I'll correct this in next release.

> > Note: in order to run out-of-the-box on any pentium-class computer, all
> > optimisations have been disabled. To achieve better performances, get
>
> this is the problem. this is why distributing binary shit is forbidden.
Standard default mandrake optimisations are enabled, tough. And they are
largely enough for my own needs.

> btw, what about libraries? -vo -ao drivers? are all they disabled too?
Most drivers are activated, as corresponding libraries are required by
building:
BuildRequires:	XFree86-devel libgtk+1.2-devel
BuildRequires:	libSDL1.2-devel libpng-devel zlib1-devel
BuildRequires:	svgalib-devel libggi2-devel libvorbis0-devel
BuildRequires:	alsa-lib-devel libaudiofile0-devel libesound0-devel
The only ones left apart (AFAIK) are sun and mga drivers.
Also, libcss  has not been included, as i didn't want to force people caring
about legal issues to use -nodeps for installation. And i still have to
package (or find) libdvdread without libcss.

> > the source package, remove all '--disable-xxx' lines in the
> > configuration stage, and rebuild.
>
> users won't read this.
I don't care personaly, and i never had complaints sofar. I advertize those
package only about cooker (experimental mandrake distribution) folks, tough.
I understand your whole point is unsatisfied users complaining directly to
you, but i think you'll have less people in that case than people unable to
make it compile properly.
--
Guillaume Rousse <rousse at ccr.jussieu.fr>
GPG key http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/gpgkey.html