[MPlayer-users] rant

André Dahlqvist andre.dahlqvist at telia.com
Mon Oct 8 21:19:03 CEST 2001

Gábor Lénárt <lgb at lgb.hu> wrote:

> Why not?! Create package for your distribution with PERFECT dependency
> information, but the package would contains source which compiles
> itself on install. Easy. What's the problem with this way?

The problem is that this makes mplayer go into non-free. But since it's
not all GPL it would end up there in it's current state anyway.

So lets end this thread. I'm happy with Apri's changes to the wording.
Before those changes mplayer had used code in it's project which was
licensed under GPL and then restricted that too much. Now that those
restrictions only apply to your own code I'm happy with that.
--

André Dahlqvist <andre.dahlqvist at telia.com>