[OLD-Mplayer-users] Re: [Mplayer-users] xvideo mode plays back as green bars on linux

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Oct 7 13:31:08 CEST 2001

On Friday, 5. October 2001 13:38, Robert Simons wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, jacksonje wrote:
> > Whenever I play back any video in mplayer on linux, using xv mode the
> > video outputs as a screen full of green bars or other similar garbage.
> > The audio plays back fine and there are no errors on stdout.  This occurs
> > with all videos I've tried, which includes divx, mpeg and mpeg-2 formats.
>
> That's exactly what happened with my computer
>
> > a savage4+ chipset
>
> The savage chip (or driver)  isn't able to do proper overlay in 24>=bit
> mode.
it's driver problem as it doesn't happen under windooze and also same prob on
savage mx and savage 4.
I'Ve mail with Tim ROberts the savage driver author, but he doesn't know yet
how to solve the prob. Btw. you should upgrade to latest savage driver from
the authors homepage as it solves crashes with opera (in case you use it).

--
Best Regards,
	Atmos