[Mplayer-users] Gui; Make error

Olaf Müller-Michaels nummer1 at dromm.de
Sun Oct 7 11:26:26 CEST 2001

I am sorry for starting this discussion which turned into a flaming.

I am quite new to Linux and was looking for an alternative to M$, mainly
because of their new "unlocking" policy. As a beginner, I am using
Mandrake which I think is ideal for a guy like me who has worked as a
user for the last 20 years with M$ products. The more I am using Linux,
the more I like it, but it is a challenge, and I must admit that
sometimes I do not RTFM [:-)] or I do not understand TFM.

As to mplayer: I REALLY like mplayer, and I like this group; I have
mplayer up and running with GUI now, although I also liked the many
options that I learned through the console. I can play DivX, SVCD, MPEG,
all with mplayer (have not tried DVD since my Linux box does not have a
DVD player). This is more than any (free) Windooze program can. Tx a lot
guys for this great program!! It proves that you can do a lot of things
with Linux which you cannot do with Windooze. Programs like this might
persuade more people to turn to Linux! By the way, I can also recommend
the new Star Office 6.0 beta (www.sun.com <http://www.sun.com> ) for
business work.

Cheers.

Olaf Müller-Michaels