[Mplayer-users] qt/mov playback - works (in theory)

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Oct 6 03:17:10 CEST 2001

Hi,

Ok. Commited working MOV demuxer.
Advantages:
- it does something
Disadvantages:
- eats horrible amount of memory - should be fixed somehow
- tested only with raw audio and cvid video.
- no seeking yet
- compressed headers not supported
- tested only with width<256 && height<256 - need highres sample file!
  (dunno how is high byte stored in header)

Try it. Use it. Report me _IF_WORKS_. Do NOT report me if NOT WORKS I know
it's buggy, unfinished code.
I was able to play about 15% of my mov files. Not a big ratio.
But half of my files are sorenson-coded. Half or remaining half uses
compressed headers. The remaining 10% uses special codecs or simply broken
for unknown reason.

Do not expect sorenson decoding. No one can do that.
If someone can code it, it can't be called sorenson :)
(it's highly patented by apple)

And AGAIN: DO NOT REPORT IF IT NOT WORKS.
Instead, be very happy if it works or play someting.

Us ethe -v (verbose) option to enable some more output.
It will show you headers, codec name etc.
If you could play a file not cvid-coded, please report me, including -v
output.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu