[Mplayer-users] Fullscreen with Xv has strange offset (Nvidia)
gregor at mediasupervision.de
Fri Oct 5 14:18:09 CEST 2001
(I tried to search the mailing list archive, but this doesn't work at
the moment, so I dare to ask the following things without a complete
I'm running MPlayer 0.50pre2 on a Debian woody system, with the binary
Nvidia drivers (1.0.1541).
1. When using Xv mode and -fs, the display is indeed scaled to
fullscreen size, but there's an offset, perhaps +150+70 from the left,
upper corner of the screen. This happens independent of the screen mode.
2. When xawtv is running using Xv, and I start up MPlayer, then it
starts up fine with sound, but only show a black screen. I have to use
X11 mode (-vo x11) when xawtv is running (I saw a note that this doesn't
occur any longer with release 1.0.1541 of the Nvidia drivers, but it
still happens for me).
3. When using SDL mode and -fs, it sometimes occurs that X11 or even the
complete system hangs. IIRC, until now this only happened with mpeg
files. I'm using SDL 1.2.1.
- Linux freefly 2.4.6-k6 #1 Thu Jul 5 22:37:32 EST 2001 i686 unknown
- XFree86 Version 22.214.171.124
MPlayer was compiled with
- gcc version 2.95.4 20010902 (Debian prerelease)
- GNU ld version 126.96.36.199.31 (with BFD 188.8.131.52.31)
- GNU assembler 184.108.40.206.31
- Dream GeForce2 AGP TwinView: nVidia GeForce2 MX 32MB RAM
- nvidia 1.0.1541
Mplayer-users mailing list
Mplayer-users at lists.sourceforge.net
More information about the MPlayer-users