[Mplayer-users] rricm.dll vfw codec

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Fri Oct 5 12:36:23 CEST 2001

On Thu, 4 Oct 2001 23:53:32 -0400 (EDT) "dskippy at ccs.neu.edu" <dskippy at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:

> i uploaded a dll that i would really like to see supported by mplayer. it
> is the codec used to encode videos captured from the matrox tv boards. i'm
> not sure if i'm supposed to email the mailing list to request the
> codec. what should i do?

mplayer isn't meant as a capture program, -vo odvix just was for testing.
And afaik, Arpi doesnt plan anything in this direction.

Maybe we should inlcude a list of video editing/capturing tools in
the FAQ as such questions come now every week.

			Attila Kinali

--
"Though a program be but three lines long,
someday it will have to be maintained."