[Mplayer-users] FAQ entry concerning gcc 2.96

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Oct 5 11:16:16 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > > This "MMX asm codes are skipped" problem has been fixed for ages, since
> > > June 2001 as far as I remember. So the FAQ maintainer should probably
> > > come up with a new real problem (3DNOW! compile errors would do for the
> > > moment, till someone fixes that as well ;) or remove the whole Q/A
> > > altogether.
> >
> > Not really. Most users still use the old, buggy version comes with the
> > distro. Maybe a note can be added telling that latest version fixes some of
> > the problems.
> >
> but we (I?) fixed the prob in mplayer by moving asm style comment to c-style
> comments.

It fixed only one problem AFAIK.
There were various things related to gcc 2.96.
It doesn't hurt to leave this faq entry there, but add a notice about newer
versions *may* work better.
Also a new entry should be added describing that mdk users should upgrade
their gcc 3.0.1 because the gwchar bug.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu