[Mplayer-users] 0.50pre3 is out

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Oct 5 02:29:50 CEST 2001

Hi,

just put out 0.50pre3 (pre)release.
(btw you can expect final stable release in a few days, after
prerelease is tested enough and all usable pending patches are applied)

new in 0.50pre3:
- gcc 3.0/3.0.1 redhat/mdk fixes - please test it if you had problems with
prev. versions
- win32 dll loader sync/update with avifile cvs
- divx4windows DLL support (x86-only) with postprocessing! test it...
  special dll is downloadable from mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/divx.dll

new in CVS:
- BSD/OS patch applied (test it)

You may ask why do we spend such much time with making a release.
We'll do big changes after it, which will temporary break usability of cvs.
I mean streaming layer rework (cache, networking) and libvo2 works.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu