[Mplayer-users] cant compile MPlayer 0.50

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Oct 4 12:54:01 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > I dont it exactly, but i think your header files are
> > broken. There were something like this reported with
> > mandrake a few days ago. Make sure that the glibc and
> > glic-dev (or how it is called in mandrake) is at the newest
> > version and are compatible with your gcc.
> >
> > Maybe Felix knows more.
> Hmm I think kabi recently mentioned on avifile list that this problem would
> be fixed in next glibc release.
yes.

> IMHO we should add ./configure check for gcc3, too, as there are far too many
> broken gcc3/glibc installations out there currently.
you should extend the c++ compiler test in ./configure, add some lines from
bugreports to the test file!

btw, wasn't that no-newline stuff already fixed?

> I dunno why gcc/glibc developers release unworking stuff.
Neither me. Btw afaik only redhat/mdk does this, official releases are
working.

> > PS: it's a good idea to change LANG to "C" before
> > using the output of the any program for a bugreport.
should go to bugreports.html

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu