[Mplayer-users] DVD support

Chris Heywood psych at primus.com.au
Thu Oct 4 03:22:11 CEST 2001

hey...

new to the list so I'm not sure if this is a frequently asked question,
but I couldn't find it anywhere.

using versions of mplayer from 0.18 through 0.50-pre2 I compile
seemingly with libcss support, but then when I try to read the DVD I get
errors.

I get these messages amongst the configure output:

Checking for DeCSS support ... yes
Checking for DVDread support ... yes

and this during play (changing from an unencrypted intro to encrypted
VOB I think):

[xv] dcx: 54 dcy: 377 dx: 0 dy: 0 dw: 1024 dh: 576 19% 10%  4.9% 13 0
Encrypted VOB file (not compiled with libcss support)! Read file
DOCS/DVD
Encrypted VOB file (not compiled with libcss support)! Read file
DOCS/DVD

Exiting... (End of file)

can anyone explain this?  this was with mplayer 0.50-pre2, and
libdvdcss-0.0.3.ogle2 compiled before libdvdread-0.9.1.  any ideas?

thanks in advance, and mplayer rocks,
chris