[Mplayer-users] icewm

Dariusz Pietrzak dariush at ajax.umcs.lublin.pl
Tue Oct 2 23:27:54 CEST 2001

> - icewm suck because its taskbar overrides Gui's window resize queries.
> if it asks for resize to 800x600, then it resizes window to
> 800x(600-taskbar_size). it's bad. very bad. in short: shit.
hmm. this really is bad.
Things like this are usually called a 'bug', and get reported as such
so developers can either fix this, blame it on others or call it a
'feature'.

Just like the whole idea of taskbar - they take away screen real estate
and that's even worse!
Nobody forces you to use some shitty taskbar - I run it with auto-hide
enabled, or completely disabled. And that's TRWTDI (?)

It would be also nice if someone pointed me into some other window-manager
as sane as icewm, since although I tried others I haven't found any other
that is good enough. ( can be handled from k-board effectively and in
general works and does not get in the way )

--
Dariusz Pietrzak
Wyj¶æ nie wyjdê bo nie pozwolê fa³szowaæ statystyki