[Mplayer-users] mplayer latest CVS & gui fullscreen

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Oct 2 20:53:29 CEST 2001

Hi,

> Just noticed this. Updated mplayer from latest CVS and compiled with
> --enable-new-gui. However the gui does not seem to care a damn about
> fsmode=1 in /etc/mplayer.conf. In full screen mode icewm panel is still
> visible. However when I compiled and used mplayer-0.50pre1 it was working
> fine. Some bug seem to have crept in the CVS.
>
> However the command mode mplayer works fine. I am using icewm as window
> manager hence I have put fsmode=1 in /etc/mplayer.conf.

GUI uses different code for fullscreen than libvo, and fsmode is a libvo
option.

and icewm sucks, it is not supported. same for sawfish.
it overrides gui events with its own panel's settings, not possible to mage
gui working with it (Pontscho worked 2 days on it, finally gave it up)
until someone from icewm/sawfish devel team tell us how to do it right way,
it won't work.

Gabu: please add this to the FAQ.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu