[Mplayer-users] Re: split files

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Oct 2 11:07:46 CEST 2001

On Tuesday, 2. October 2001 09:03, Anssi Saari wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 03:22:56PM +0200, Felix Buenemann wrote:
> > Of course it doesn't help you if big chunks are missing, but it can even
> > repair multiple crcs inside an rar archive.
>
> Multiple single bit errors? Have you ever seen that happen? I think
> a common problem on Usenet is one missing line of the uuencoded stuff,
> which is 45 bytes.
I'm not sure it can fix 45bytes, but I've already got giles with many
biterrors that I could successfully fix from ftp.

> > Btw. I don't know a SFV tool that can tell which position of a file is
> > broken, as crc is generated only for the whole file.
>
> I don't know either. But if you have a CD image in 200+ pieces as
> sometimes happens, SFV tells you which part is bad while RAR can only
> tell whether the image inside the RAR is bad or not.
of course you also split it into pieces with rar, on ftps usually 15 or 20MB
pieces for movies and 2.88 or 5MB pieces for smaller stuff, so you see which
file is bad.

> BTW, any chance of having Reply-To: set to the list?

yes, gain control over sourceforge or try reaching their support - faszom(C)
--
Best Regards,
	Atmos