[MPlayer-users] Documentation and dumb questions

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Fri Nov 30 20:53:37 CET 2001

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 11:45:35AM -0600, David Harris wrote:
> Again I do apologize.  I just hate to see people get upset over things
> like this.  I think Mplayer is great.  and with a little bit of work and
> understanding it can be installed, and used in a few minutes.   but I know
> the frustration of being treated like someone who is inferrior because I
> dont have all the same knowledge that others have.  I got that from a lot
> of people 5 years ago when i started using linux.   I know enough about
> mplayer now to get it functioning.  even on my little 166.

Nice to hear. And feel free to send ideas how documentation would be
extended. You know we're seeing the topic from the point of view of developers
so we may miss some points a novice mplayer user needs. So we need such a
feedbacks about the dox, too. But please don't send only "dox need to be
extended" messages but some IDEAS too WHAT we sould explain inside mplayer
documentation. As you can imagine almost all of the open source projects
came from the need of developers so the structure of program mainly reflects
the needs of developers of course. So feedbacks should be welcome we to
be able to see the project from another point of view as well ...

- Gabor