[MPlayer-users] Documentation and dumb questions

Marek Pętlicki marpet at linuxpl.org
Fri Nov 30 15:45:40 CET 2001

> the other thing, if you really want the list. (it is no prob for me creating
> it):
> i think we should create a new list for advanced users, rather than a new
> for newbies. why? announcing/advertising a new list takes long. all releases
> and homepage and unoffocial homepage mirrors and unofficial forbidden binary
> packages have the mplayer-users list subscription info for users.
> so, newbies using release versions (don't forgat than newbies know nothing
> about CVS) will subscribe to mplayer-users list instead of the newbie list...
> so, the question: do you agree, and if so, what should be the name of new
> 'experts' list?

yeah, much better idea, the mailing list should not be in WWW, only in
TFM, so it can only be known by those, who RTFM (or at least know how to
search ;-))

the name could be mplayer-advanced at ...

and I think there should also be some rule, that you have 3 abuse
chances (mean: like writing rand 'bout compilers again ;-)) after which
you will be banned ;-)

> i also think, that subscription requirement to -exterts list should be a
> fast Q&A test already partially coded by atmos. i've collected about 20
> questions and 3-5 possible answers for each so users can pass through such
> test at mphq web to get the subscription accepted...

yeah, that also is an option :-)

regards

--
Marek Pętlicki <marpet at linuxpl.org>