[MPlayer-users] Documentation and dumb questions

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Nov 30 08:04:02 CET 2001

Hi,

> > I'd like to convert it to SGML, but its programs are fscking complicated,
> > VERY hard to install (there is a howto about its _installation_), so
> khehehe,
> hehe
> he he he
>
> sorry...couldn't resist.

btw i agree with gabucino...
once i tried to install it, but even collecting required sources was a big
trouble...

> > p.s.: recommended doc reading is from "line 1" to "line last" .
> well.. that's the problem.
> This is not a nuclear reactor manuals.
you never can know... :)
once mreactor will control everything :)

> This is supposed to be movie player.
> And you can't seriously expect people to read the manuals ...
I can expect. but i shouldn't... but i do.

> Have your read carefully 'man ls' before you first used 'ls' ?
> I haven't.
>  hehe - and have your read 'man man' before using man for the first
> time?;)
no, until i got problems with it.
then i didn't subscribed to gnu-fileutils-devel or mailed the authors
directly, and asked how to list recursive subdirs, i did read the manual!!!
and i found the very usefull -R switch and i'm happy with it :)
just imagine if every lamers and beginenrs ask how to list subdirs with ls
at their maillist? it whould be really rotfl...

>  Users need forum for users - somewhere where they can ask all those
> annoying useless questions, and where others which asked those questions
> before would answer them. This would solve two problems - first, a lot
> less annoyance for developers, and second - users would get the answer
> in language they can understand.
which language? "fuck you" ?

> I think the problem was accelerated by creating gui, this way attracting
> more people that can ask stupid questions.
> And, mplayer's gui looks too good. It should be ugly like aviplay's.
mplayer -skin avifile ;)

or even better:

mplayer -skin xanim :)

have you ever tried it? even beats the original :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu