[MPlayer-users] debian mplayer-src package

Dariusz Pietrzak dariush at ajax.umcs.lublin.pl
Fri Nov 30 02:46:35 CET 2001

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Gabucino wrote:

> It's the Question that drives us, dLux :
> > I have read that producing and distributing mplayer binary package is
> > forbidden by law and I understand this.
> Finally someone :)
 well.. this changes now and again.
And being binary changes nothing, you can't mix GPL with proprietary
licenses that easily that mplayer does. It doesen't matter whether you
compile it or not.

> > Does anyone working on it? Any ideas?
> Yes, do it!
 there is ffmpeg package in incoming in debian. It's author is going to
create mplayer-src as soon as ffmpeg is in. Maybe this situation have
changed. Ask him.

--
Dariusz Pietrzak
snafu