[MPlayer-users] Subtitles problem

Carlos Laviola carlos at laviola.org
Thu Nov 29 04:13:44 CET 2001

Hello, folks,

I've noticed a problem with MPlayer's subtitle handling. If you have a
subtitle file that needs to be advanced by a certain number of seconds
(mine needs to be advanced by 17 seconds) and just play the movie
without seeking it forward, it will be fine. But if you do seek it
forward, the subtitles all jump to another completely different spot
in the movie, which kinda sucks. The subtitle is in the SubRip (.srt)
format, AFAIK, and the movie is in the DivX format.

Also, thanks for the terrific player, A'rpi (did I get it right? :).
MPlayer beats the crap out of any other player I've ever used :-)

Thanks,
Carlos.

--
 _ _  _| _  _  | _   . _ | _   Who controls the past, controls the future.
(_(_|| |(_)_)  |(_|\/|(_)|(_|  Who controls the present, controls the past.