[MPlayer-users] (no subject) - -vesa and segfault on startup

Rajesh Fowkar hsejar at gmx.co.uk
Mon Nov 26 22:40:04 CET 2001

Mike L.Meier saw fit to inform me that:
>Subject : Which kernel for -vo vesa?
>
>Hi,
>I've just tried to get -vo vesa to work (trying to get TV-Out) - it
>segfaults on startup.
>Running strace shows it starts messing up after the vm86out() call returns
>ENOSYS.
>
>I've tried this using both stock 2.4.15 (with the fs corruption patch) and
>the kernel that comes with my Red Hat 7.2, both show the same behavior.

I got it working on my debian box with 2.4.14 kernel as well as 2.4.15
kernel. After coming to know about the bug in unmount leading to corruption
I have now downgraded to 2.4.14. -vesa driver works.

However when I tried the same on Red Hat 7.1 with the default kernel ( I
think 2.4.2 ??? ), it gave me seggaults on startup and did not work. I
don't know why. Since Red Hat is not my main OS at home. I am mainly
working on Debian I did know bother about it.

Peace

--
Rajesh
http://www.symonds.net/~rajesh/    *****  Powered By: Debian GNU/Linux

$cat filename.dos | tr -d '\015' > filename.unix