[MPlayer-users] warpvision - close this.

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Nov 25 02:17:54 CET 2001

On Saturday, 24. November 2001 19:32, you wrote:
> *.cvsusers: please add your changelog, name and email to files you ever
> touched. also add under which license you release that changes.
> (do not include that 2-page GPL banner. it's just waste of space)
> we should fix copyright messages in the files, to be able to see: where to
> go. keep GPL? keep multiple licenses (and source-only distrib) ? change
> license to something else? maybe BSD + LGPL ?
I will surely not use BSD license in my code as it has no rules that rohibit
the code from beeing used in closed source commercial projects which I surely
don't want to. I'm sticking with GPL as it best protects my rights on the
source. /BSD license basically allows to do anything you want with the source
as long as you keep the original copyright notice, it's IMHO only suited for
code you are willing to give away and don't care about at all where it is
used.) My vote: go fully GPL with mplayer, if you are interested in my
reasons for this I could give further explanations.

Check http://www.opensource.org/licenses/index.html for more info on the BSD
license, GPL, LGPL and other OSI certified licenses.

--
Best Regards,
	Atmos