[MPlayer-users] DISCREDITED VOICE

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Nov 24 17:18:40 CET 2001

Hi,

> I've just synced with mplayer-CVS and was amazed -
> it still contains opendivx stuff <:(
>
> IMHO it should be removed right now.
> Simply because it (using Arpi's logic) - DISCREDITS EUROPEAN CODERS AND LINUX USERS.
My logic? You should know that i'm not web and doc maintainer/writer.

> What's hell on mplayer's main page?
Dunno. It changes every hour.

> Arpi, stop this fucking attack on wvision!!!
> They did open sources under GPL and you pointed as
> co-author of this stuff.
It should happen _before_ we forced them to do so.
I already stopped everything as they released (mplayer's) source...

> Yes, wvision uses mplayer's code. And mainly consist from that.
Yes.

> But mplayer was designed as opensource software and even pretend
> to be GPL'ed (althrough you hate GPL). But mplayer IS NOT GPL'ed
> soft. Mplayer VIOLATES odivx licence much longer that wvision
> violated mplayer's copyrights. So be realist - stop this
> disgraced NEWS.
We have the copyrights and credits in mplayer docs, even about opendivx.

They even not mentioned us nor mplayer just released "ported" mplayer code
as their _own_ product. and without source. Now it's fixed so i stopped
flaming. Have you ever read why _I_ wrote about this topic???

> >P.s.: the News writer is still me (Gabucino) not A'rpi, so before
> >telling someone he's childish, go RTFM about authors.
> Is this Gabucino's pages? I guess that mplayer's.
> But everywhere is written that Arpi is mplayer's author but not
> Gabucino. Or something already has been changed?
No. I'm coding, he is flaming :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu