[MPlayer-users] DISCREDITED VOICE

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Sat Nov 24 16:51:51 CET 2001

Hello!

I've just synced with mplayer-CVS and was amazed -
it still contains opendivx stuff <:(

IMHO it should be removed right now.
Simply because it (using Arpi's logic) - DISCREDITS EUROPEAN CODERS AND LINUX USERS.

What's hell on mplayer's main page?
I couldn't imagine self before that opensource and GPL
can have political borders.
How long pengiun == OS/2? How long pengiun == Russia?
Or you hate Russia only?
(In this case you should paint bear with vodka but not penguin)
What mean: kill the thieves?
Do you mean that russain people should perform physical act of killing?
Is it allowed by Hungarian laws? Or you have own humans laws?

IMHO mplayer's page discredit only its developer (finely - its owners).

Arpi, stop this fucking attack on wvision!!!
They did open sources under GPL and you pointed as
co-author of this stuff.

> He also removed all our MPEG/DVD/ASF/VIV/MOV parsers ! OS/2 users !
> Don't you rather want MPlayer compiled for OS/2, instead of a DivX/AVI-only
> player ???

Does GPL require that code should be unmodified?
They are free to modify wvision as they want.
Same as anyone can create fork of mplayer and modify
it in any way. (GPL allows to do that).

>No, they didn't contact us.
>No, they didn't send patches

Does GPL require that everyone who makes forking should notify
the original author or send patches?

Yes, wvision uses mplayer's code. And mainly consist from that.
But mplayer was designed as opensource software and even pretend
to be GPL'ed (althrough you hate GPL). But mplayer IS NOT GPL'ed
soft. Mplayer VIOLATES odivx licence much longer that wvision
violated mplayer's copyrights. So be realist - stop this
disgraced NEWS.

>P.s.: the News writer is still me (Gabucino) not A'rpi, so before
>telling someone he's childish, go RTFM about authors.
Is this Gabucino's pages? I guess that mplayer's.
But everywhere is written that Arpi is mplayer's author but not
Gabucino. Or something already has been changed?

>Yes, they discredit OS/2 community.
>Yes, they discredit russian coders.
no comments.

Currently discredited russian coder and OS/2 user. Nick
(Hope only from mplayer's point, but not from point of
GPL'ed software and Linux community)