[MPlayer-users] Fwd: Re: Comments from Project's WWW

Daniil V. Kolpakov dan at vsi.gov.lv
Fri Nov 23 13:00:51 CET 2001

On 22 November 2001 23:29, you wrote:
> DOCS/bugreports.html & http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-2.96.html if you still
> have questions or problems]
>
> Hi,
>
> > [sending this again, had trouble mailing]
>
> we got it 3 times. it was your trouble, not our.

Please excuse me! I've send it 3 times, indeed.

> > Nobody have stolen anything. Yes, we've used libraries, yes - I've
> > not
>
> libmplayer... ?
>
> echo 'main(){ mplayer_main(); }' | gcc - -o warpvision -lmplayer ? :)

;)

> as the base a-v sync code is mplayer's it can't be just libs.
> don't believe everything what thieves say.

Now they've mentioned some other stuff they use for sync. Well waiting
for the sources.

> > checked and not looked well and in tech.version (?) haven't
> > mentioned all the copyrights, and Alex haven't reminded me (I mean
> > we're both
>
> all copyrights? not a single line. just his name nothing more.

Yes, at least on website (sadly I don't use OS/2, haven't seen the
binary, only the output on your website).

> > However we even thought of such goals [stoling], by the way Alex
> > Gankov yet in the summer MENTIONED in the warpmedia mailing list
> > that WarpVision WILL be released as opensource. So look for the
> > official
>
> "WILL" is not GPL compliant. GPL says source must be available every
> time.

The only thing I can suppuse (if they don't lie) is that the code is
currently so ugly that it would be shame to publish it. However, they
should at least email it to everyone at request, right?

> > press release today or tomorrow. Surely, all the rights of the
> > mplayer
>
> the page is still unchanged. i don't think he will ever change it.

Sad but true :(

--
The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.