[MPlayer-users] DVD Chapters

James Davies james_m_davies at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 22 07:11:00 CET 2001

Is it possible to have mplayer play a specific chapter, and only that
chapter? currently if you use -chapter it plays that chapter and all after
it.

What I want to do, Is use mplayer to rip audio dvd's into ogg vorbis files. I
can select which track to rip by running
"mplayer -dvd 1 -chapter x -dumpaudio", and I get the raw pcm file (which I
pipe into oggenc using a named pipe), but I cant limit it to _only_ the
selected chapter it plays all chapters after it. I have to work out the
number of frames in the chapter and tell mplayer to only play that many
frames.... somewhat time consuming.

Is it possible to add an option to only play the selected chapter(s)?