[MPlayer-users] vo drivers

Robinson, Chad crobinson at rfgonline.com
Wed Nov 21 22:18:32 CET 2001

Gabor wrote:

> Arpi, do you believe if there's intelligent life on Earth? :) It's very
sad
> that users even don't read the HELP screen of mplayer. Well, and there's
> great dox in mplayer tarball, which is produced by us with spending many
> hours to make it nice formatted, informative, up to date and so on.

Maybe we need an "idiot's guide to MPlayer"?

Seriously, though, the one thing you'll never get around is a newbie who
just subscribed to the list writing in before checking the dox. Maybe you
should change the subscription links to force people to go through a simple
"I understand" form that makes them agree to:
1. I will read the documentation before posting my questions.
2. I will read the FAQ before posting my questions.
3. I will read the error messages MPlayer gives me before posting my
questions.

before subscribing. At least this way they'll be suitably scared to post.
:-D

Regards,
Chad