[MPlayer-users] mencoder encoded files cant be shown under windows with windows media player

Hoink hoink at gmx.net
Wed Nov 21 19:54:22 CET 2001

hey,

i have a little problem with the mencoder. it compiles fine.

I tried to encode an mpeg file. i was encoding it with no options. it worked
good. And with the mplayer there was no problem watching it. But the people
that i send the new file complained that they coul not watch it with the
windows media player.

Is this a bug of the mencoder?? or does windows not support divx4??

After they told me that they were not able to watch the videos with windows
media player i tried to encode with the option <deinterlace>. It told me that
there were some problems with syncronization.

Maybe you can help me..

thanx

hoink