[MPlayer-users] Re: [OLD-Mplayer-users] vesa driver and blank screen after quiting

Rajesh Fowkar hsejar at gmx.co.uk
Thu Nov 22 00:25:28 CET 2001

SycOtiC Smith saw fit to inform me that:
>>I did RTFM, but by switching the console and than going back to the console
>> on which I played the video gives me back the prompt however the font
>> problem persists thus the prompt disappears below the 25th line. In the
>> manual setsysfont utility is given (for mandrake distro), any idea how
>> to set the console font back to the original one on debian.
>> sorry for bothering the list for a known problem.
>>
>> Warm Regards
>
>Have you tried SVGAtextmode?
>"man savetextmode"
>"man textmode"
>"man restoretextmode" (I think...)

There is no restoretextmode with svgatextmode. However using svgatextmode
solves the problem.

rajesh at debian:~$ dpkg -L svgatextmode|grep bin
/sbin
/sbin/SVGATextMode
/sbin/grabmode
/usr/sbin
/usr/sbin/setVGAreg
/usr/sbin/getVGAreg
/usr/sbin/setpalette
/usr/sbin/getpalette
/usr/sbin/set80
/usr/sbin/ClockProg
/usr/sbin/STM_reset
/sbin/stm
/sbin/clockprobe
rajesh at debian:~$

Now my script to play vcd's using vesa driver is as follows :

mplayer -vcd 1 -vo vesa -bpp 16
sudo /etc/init.d/svgatextmode restart
clear

Thanks Nick for this excellent driver.

Peace

--
Rajesh
http://www.symonds.net/~rajesh/    *****  Powered By: Debian GNU/Linux

You can use aliases to  decrease the amount of typing you need
to do to get commands you commonly use. These  can be inserted
into your /etc/profile or .profile as well. Under  Borne shell
and clones (ash, bash, ksh, and zsh).
alias ls="ls --color=auto"
alias lsd="ls -d */"