[MPlayer-users] I've got window-manager related patches - Some Questions

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Nov 21 18:36:02 CET 2001

Hi,

> So, the docs say patches won't be accepted unless they against current
if you read docs, you know that you should write to -dev-eng list...

> How "current CVS" do you mean?
what you get if you enter:  cvs update -d

> I'm working against 20011118 (three days old). If I download the "current"
> tarball, say, tomorrow (the 22nd), apply my patches to that, and post them
> that day, is that "current CVS" enough? What if I can't post them until
not enough, but in most cases (unless we touch that code today) ok.

> the 23rd? Are they then tossed into the bit-bucket as "too old"?
>
> Seems a set of patches that can't all be done in one day will never be
> accepted; that's quite a burden for someone who wants to contribute.
everyone who wanted to contribute could do it already.

btw the recomemnded way use CVS version, make the changes, it can took for
days. when you're ready, do cvs update, fix possible conflicts during merge
and finally do cvs diff -u > patchfile.diff and send it.

> As an aside, is the GTK menu supposed to be available only when the app
> is not built with GUI support? I have both the GUI and GTK menus, though
> only the latter does anything.
???

> I don't know much about decoders and such, but I know about X, particularly
> where apps interact with WMs (I maintain an X window manager). The GUI is
> an area I can contribute to, and it looks like it can use some work.
ok

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu